Friday, July 9, 2010

Hail to the Chief

Just a quick post to say "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!" to my husband, Taylor, on being appointed Chief Scribe in the emergency department where he works. After a unanimous vote by the scribe trainers and the medical director, Taylor was selected to coordinate all of the ER scribes' schedules, to facilitate skill development, and to serve as a liaison between the scribes and the medical practice.

Why? Because he is a good, smart leader. With years of supervisory and leadership experience from old jobs at summer camps and Miami's Rec Center, Taylor was the clear choice for this position. He also is the most level-headed person I know, which comes in handy when the ER is overrun with ailing (or semi-ailing) patients. And quite frankly, he just loves this stuff. Taylor comes home every day with a positive attitude and lots of [non-identifying] stories to tell. Of course, I've always known this about Taylor (which is partially why I married him) and I am glad that his superiors were able to recognize his good qualities so quickly.

So just to recap, in the two short weeks of his new employment in the ER, Taylor has been promoted and his pay has now doubled from when he worked as an EMT. To celebrate, we bought Taylor a Droid phone to "assist" him with his new duties as Chief Scribe and went out to dinner afterward. After going without such luxuries for so long, we are finally in a place that we can do and buy things that we want, not just things that we need. And for the first time, I was able to enjoy dinner without fretting over the bill coming at the end of the meal.

It's a little unfamiliar, but I think I could get used to this financial security thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment