Sunday, May 8, 2011

Like mother, like daughter

Happy Mother's Day! Today I took a timeout from work, school, and internship to enjoy some quality time with my mom. I saw her 2 weeks ago for Easter, and this weekend we celebrated my 24th birthday and, of course, Mother's Day. My mom and dad arrived in Cincinnati late this morning, and we were off and running. While my dad played a quick nine holes at a local golf course, my mom and I enjoyed a Chinese food lunch and shopping excursion before rejoining my dad and Taylor at our house. From there we went to my favorite park in Cincinnati--Friendship Park--for a walk along the river. Here's a picture from the park:

For the first time in a loooong while, the sun was shining and the weather was warm and dry, perfect for a walk in the park. Eventually we headed back to our house and out to dinner where we heard some of the stories from this time 24 years ago when my mom took me home from the hospital for the first time on her first Mother's Day in 1987. By 8:30, Taylor was off to work overnight and my parents were on the road.

It was a great day, and I am sad that they can't happen more often. Right now, a 4-hour round trip isn't always feasible with only one day of the week open for visits. I look forward to the end of the school year (and eventually the end of this degree!) when my schedule gets a little less hectic. In the meantime, I need to enjoy the time I get with my family without feeling guilty for not doing homework the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment