Thursday, October 14, 2010

You know it's fall when...

...the view from your kitchen window looks like this:



...your dining room table looks like this:


...your calendar is full of assignment due dates, study reminders, and tests that suck the life out of you, your family, and your blog. Or maybe that's just me.

Sorry for being MIA this week. You should know that instead of thinking up witty posts I have spent my time reading hundreds of text book pages, researching ethnic sensitive strategies in therapy, generating developmentally-appropriate questions for an interview on middle childhood, completing 10 hours of online training on trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy with kids, finding news articles relating to social policy, and studying for and taking my first graduate school exam. (Which, by the way, I scored a 92.5/100. How does one not get a perfect score on an open-book, open-notes, online exam? Grr.)

What's even more incredible are the men and women who are doing all of this and more. The ones who are still working full-time, who are raising young children, AND doing the graduate school thing. When I start to feel stressed out and tantrum-y, I remind myself how truly fortunate I am to have a partner producing steady income so that I can go to school and dabble in work in my spare time.

If only my kitties could be a little more supportive. They are so gosh darn cute that I can never seem to concentrate on my work when they are around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment