Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Out of the office

Today is my last day at work for a while. I'm getting married on Saturday, so to keep up with all the wedding happenings, I'm taking the next few days off.

But before I go, some updates:
  • Yesterday I submitted two more applications for a $6,000 grant and a $4,000 grant to The Miriam G. Knoll Foundation and the Barnitz Fund of JP Morgan Chase, respectively, in the Middletown area.
  • I also submitted a letter of inquiry for another $10,000 in funding from the Charles H. Dater Foundation. If they like our project, they will request a full proposal. Fingers crossed.
  • I am collecting grant applications from the area Rotary, Lions, and Kiwanis Clubs. They're next on the list, as is the Community Response fund at Middletown United Way.
  • Parent Teacher Organizations--I'm looking at you. This is a county-wide project, meaning we have a LOT of PTOs in each district to work with. I'll be delegating these to other members of the Coalition, who will hopefully be more than willing to assist in this massive effort.
  • I am pretty sick. Lots of congestion, stomach ache, headache--the works. I think the stress of managing this project at the same time as planning my wedding has finally caught up to me. Well-timed, eh?
And with that, I'm off. I'll set some things to post over the next few days, but don't count on too much fresh, original correspondence from me over the next week or so. I'll be back in the office on Tuesday, 3/23 with a new husband and a new name: Kaitlyn Baker Wessels.

3 comments:

  1. I just read your intro on your latest Post, the one im commenting on, and couldnt help but wish you a happy and prosperous marriage! I get very excited when theres weddings going on, because true love can take a lifetime to find! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's weird, I'm getting married this weekend too... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kaitlyn! I hope Saturday is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete