Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy school year!

I am pleased to announce the final results of the Butler County School Supply Coalition. Even though my AmeriCorps term ended in June, the supplies weren't distributed until about a week ago. Krupa worked diligently to make arrangements for distribution, and it sounds like everything went off without a hitch. Had I not been hired a week and a half ago at my part-time job, I would have loved to see the tangible results of my hard work.

Still, the numbers are rewarding in themselves. The final tally put us at 8569 kits, a 71% increase from last year's efforts. Through donations from community foundations, service clubs, individual donors, faith-based organizations, and the county commissioners, we raised more than $47,600 for school supplies.

I'm really proud of this initiative. It feels really great to know that because of my hard work and dedication, more than 8500 kids are going to start the school year with the supplies they need to succeed. Happy school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment