Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I linked, I learned, I left

Tomorrow morning I'll be driving to Columbus for Tax Training. Over the next two days, I will learn how to train OBB counselors on filing 2008 taxes. It'll be an action-packed couple of days, so tonight I'm packing my bags, complete with Taylor's trusty solar-powered calculator from 4th grade and a bottle of aspirin.

Oh, didn't I mention we have to do taxes by hand before we can learn how to do them with the OBB? Yes. I believe the exercise is mostly about making us appreciate just how easy the OBB makes it to file your taxes. Trust me, I already appreciate the Benefit Bank!

I think I'm up to the challenge. After all, over the past couple of weeks, I have viewed every link on IRS's Link and Learn program online. So technically, I have learned about each tax form, credit, deduction, exemption and their rules for eligibility. But am I going to be able to keep it all straight tomorrow?

My Magic Eight Ball says, "Ask again later."

No comments:

Post a Comment