Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What day is it?

Today was my first day back in the office since last Tuesday. Between training in Columbus, my tax class in Xenia, and another visit to the hospital yesterday for CT scans and a chest x-ray, it had been a full week since I'd last set foot in Shared Harvest.

I spent much of the day making follow-up phone calls to potential OBB sites just getting started in the process, as well as to current OBB sites who might be interested in holding tax clinics next year. Aside from a residual headache, it was a good day. It felt good to get back into a routine.

This week is particularly busy for us Shared Harvest VISTAs. Alex has 3 classes throughout the week and I have two--one in Eaton and one in Dayton towards the end of the week. With all of the events and trainings going on, I think we're starting to get a tiny taste of what tax season will be like. By the time Alex and I are back in the office together, a week and a half will have passed. That's crazy!

After being out for so long, I'm not entirely sure what day it is. Monday? Thursday of last week? I think I'm entering a parallel VISTA universe...

No comments:

Post a Comment