Sunday, October 11, 2009

Self-Care

Hello readers--it's been a while since my last post, and I apologize for that. As you know, I volunteer with the Rape Crisis Program in Butler County, and I was on call Saturday evening after a good, but busy, day in Yellow Springs for their fall street fair. Once again, I was called out to a hospital multiple times during my shift, spending a total of about 8 hours in the ER. These cases were overwhelming and more emotionally draining than usual, and so while there is plenty going on that I'd love to share here, it's going to have to wait.

The best care is self-care, so I think it's time I practice what I preach. A brief hiatus is in order for me right now. Fortunately, I had already scheduled Monday off (Happy Christopher Columbus Day!), so you can probably expect my next post on Tuesday.

Until then, a cliffhanger--how are the Shared Harvest Foodbank and the New York Times related? Stay tuned to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment