Friday, June 18, 2010

Good night and good luck


That was kind of the theme of the day as I said my good-byes at Shared Harvest today. In the morning I finished my part of the VISTA binder, cleaned up my desk area, and packed up my personal supplies. Then Tina treated me and a few others to lunch at Taste of Julia's in Fairfield for the best soul food EVER. And when we returned, Martha had a tasty cake from Jungle Jim's, pictured above.

Throughout the day, especially during lunch, I had the opportunity to talk about some of my most memorable experiences, both good and bad. It was fun to reminisce about adventures with Alex and Gus the Bus, as well as the misadventures in OBB site recruitment. At the end of the day, when I tally up everything that I've seen and done, I'd say this was a pretty fulfilling year. So maybe that's why I was surprised to hear everyone thanking me today for my year of service. They were the ones who made this year so wonderful and to whom I owe thanks.

To all of the employees at Shared Harvest, thank you so much for making this year so special. To quote a beautiful farewell letter I received from Tina, "this year of service will become one of those memories that you can take out every now and then, dust off, shine up, and smile about." I am confident that it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment