Monday, September 13, 2010

Running for office

A couple of years ago I attended a women's leadership conference called NEW Leadership Ohio through the John Glenn School of Public Affairs at The Ohio State University. The week-long program is designed "to encourage and empower college women to take on public and political leadership roles." It was during that week that I first entertained the idea of running for political office one day. We'll see what the future holds--I need to learn a whole lot more before I could ever consider running for any office.

One thing I should probably practice is my speech-making. Perhaps I could take a lesson or two from Phil Davison, GOP Candidate for Treasurer of Stark County, Ohio.

A lesson of what not to do, anyway. He didn't win the nomination.

Watch the clip to see why.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, oh my god!!

    "I AM THE RIGHT GUY FOR THE JOB! BECAUSE I YELL AND PACE AND CLEARLY HAVE NOTES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM! RAWR!"

    ReplyDelete