Saturday, August 1, 2009

Food stamps accepted here...and here...and here...

You might recall in a previous post that when Taylor and I first got our EBT (electronic benefits transfer) card for food stamps, we had no idea where we could use it. We guessed it would be accepted at our local Kroger, and fortunately, we were right. But little did we know just how many stores now accept food stamps. With over 39 million people using food stamps, it just makes good business sense for stores to accept the benefits. In fact, most stores have actually seen an increase in food sales and profits, which is an amazing feat during one of the worst recessions since the Great Depression.

To learn more, check out this article that Meredith sent to me:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2009-07-28-retailers-food-stamps_N.htm

Speaking of grocery stores, I think I'll go buy our groceries for the week. Kroger, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment