Monday, August 10, 2009

The tenth on the tenth

It's hard to believe that only one month ago today, I started my blog to document my year as an AmeriCorps*VISTA living in poverty.

Perhaps even more unbelievable still, the [registered] followers of this blog have now hit the double digits! The fact that anyone other than my mother actually takes time to read what I write is truly humbling. Thank you all for your comments and emails--please, keep them coming! I like hearing what you think. And if there's a topic or issue you want to know more about, or an idea you have on how to improve this blog, let me know.

So it's official: I've caught the blog bug! You can count on me in the coming months to keep shedding light on an all too common way of life in this country. If you'll continue to read, I'll continue to write.

By the way, I'm not the only VISTA with a blog! Be sure to check out what other VISTAs around the state are up to by clicking the links on the right of the page.

3 comments:

  1. We've been reading daily, Kaitlyn! It's good to see other VISTAs documenting their experiences. We truly are a vast network, and this is likely only the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, Kaitlyn... I never thought I would find so much to say! It is special to be involved in a program that spurs so much thought... I feel like you should dedicate a blog to tips on how to turn our minds off, though! I am having trouble even falling asleep at night on occasion, with so many thought-provoking blogs to read! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo--good idea...I'll think about it and see what I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete