Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kaitlyn, [Road] Warrior Princess

As I rack up days as a VISTA, my car is racking up the miles. Travel is picking up here, and before long, I'll be on the road with even longer days and bigger trips during tax season. Until then, I'm keeping busy with OBB trainings, community events, presentations, meetings, and conferences every week.

Today I was back in Dayton at the Wesley Community Center for my third OBB training. A picture of the room is on the right. I only had 4 people show up, but all of them caught on to the software very quickly and I'm confident that each of them will be successful OBB counselors. In fact, the training went so smoothly that all were able to complete extra practice and still finish half an hour ahead of schedule. The class seemed attentive and asked some engaging questions; it was great! Groups like this are very rewarding to work with, and definitely make my job a lot easier.

Tomorrow I'm heading back to Dayton for the Voices for Ohio's Children regional briefing, and shortly after that, I'll sit in on a conference call regarding the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). As always, I'll update you on what I learn.

Meanwhile, I'll need to stop by the gas station for another fill up tomorrow morning, and check in with my odometer about my next oil change. I'm becoming what you might consider a road warrior--and I've got to say, it's exciting! I like the variety this position offers, and I am enjoying getting out and seeing the region. I might be singing a different tune this winter when travel becomes a little more treacherous, but as of now, I'm enjoying these adventures.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Kaitlyn, it is definitely enjoyable to get in the car and on the road. And I am glad to hear your most recent training went so smoothly! I wasn't as lucky this time, but I am sure that the good days will balance out the not-so-good days. Less than a week and I will be seeing you in Columbus!

    ReplyDelete